Lingia STGFOP (Silver Tippy Golden Flowery Orange Pekoe loose leaf tea) - the highest grade available, is one of the best Darjeeling's on the market. This grade is extremely rare with a delicate and refined muscatel character.
Its quality comes from 2 attributes. 1. The high elevation of the gardens (ranging from 3,500 to 7,000 feet above sea level), as well as its unique composition. 90% of the raw leaf for this tea comes from the Chinese species of tea plant, camellia sinensis sinensis. (When grown in Darjeeling’s climate and soil, it produces a tea that is refined and delicate). The remaining 10% of Lingia STGFOP is made up of camellia sinensis assamica, which is a bit bolder. The careful balance of these two create a tea that is delicate but rounded, and full of terroir-specific flavor.